Friday, January 6, 2012

So Much Writing

It has been almost two years since I last updated this blog. Two NaNoWriMos and a GothNoWriMo have passed, as well as a year of college, and the creation of a new eipsodic literature, and the passing away of a most beloved pet/sister/baby/writing mascot/friend. So much life.

I'm thinking about blogging again. Here and on my book blog. I think maybe I could be writing blog buddies with a couple of friends, and that would make posting here more worth it. Maybe it could keep me accountable, as well.

For now, I'll just say all this, as sort of a transitional post before I start really using this blog again. GothNoWriMo was a very near success, NaNoWriMo with friends was a big success, especially thanks to word wars, and so far, HistNoWriMo is going well - better than expected, maybe.

So far, my plans for writing this year might be a little over acheiving, but that's better than nothing at all. I want to write a few more first drafts in challenges, maybe a finish a few without challenges, edit some existing drafts, and bring my episodic literatures back to life, as well as maybe introduce a new one. (I know, I'm crazy.) I'd like to finish a short story or two, something I can be at least a little proud of. I want to sart submitting things for publicaton in magazines, and maybe even play around with a few of my e-publishing experiments I'm considering. I may not do all those things. I might get a little closer to doing some of those things, with ebtter luck next year. But I've got to try and push forward, move ahead in my writing goals. Because I keep looking at the past ways I've dealt with the only thing I've ever really wanted, and I've realized I've never tried hard enough to get accomplish my goals. So, now it's time.

I have a great circle of support, both in person and online, and there's no reason why I can't try to devote a little more time to my dream. I'm the only one standing in my way, and I'm ready to commit more of my time.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment